Saturday, October 30, 2010

Comment on Web Conferencing - Can We Chat?

This week has been a very good one in terms of Internet resource discovery.  As I noted earlier in the week, Karen Blumberg's K12 conference presentation was so invigorating and provided me with a plethora of links that I will surely use as I continue on in school and in my future career.  (and did I mention that she commented on my post?!  how awesome is that?!)  Kim Caise's Web Conferencing - Can We Chat? was also incredibly informative and provide many helpful links.

An interesting comment that Caise made was that she hoped that with the tools that she provided that our students will feel inspired.  I have to tell you, I was just as (if not more!) inspired by the resources that she gave.  For instance, I found the site The Global Education Collaborative to be extremely helpful.  I appreciate the global-connectedness that the site promotes and truly proves how small our world really is.  Another site, Virtual Field Trips is an incredible resource because it provides students more educational opportunities because they are able to visit places across the global that the class would not necessarily have the funds to travel to.  How incredible it is for a student to "visit" the Louvre in the morning and then Madagascar in the afternoon!

I also found Caise's personal blog to be incredibly rich in resources and I have book marked it for our Diigo group (and can be found here http://kcaise.wordpress.com/).  I hope that you will all have time to explore Caise's "Ventures," and get to take a look at all of the wonderful resources she has listed for educators.

No comments:

Post a Comment