Sunday, November 21, 2010

Week Twelve (11/15/10 - 11/21/10)

This week, we returned to copyright and although it was still a difficult topic to understand, I'd like to think that I am able to grasp it a little more than I had at the beginning of the semester.  What I find particularly helpful is that my classmates are as confused as I am - some even more.  The idea is helpful because I realize that I am not tragically behind my peers; I am getting what I should be, learning on the "job," and will get more as I go along my library way.  Admittedly, though, I do freeze up when I hear the word copyright.  Perhaps it will always be this way.

The information on copyright (and many of the things I have learned in this class!) has helped me tremendously in my classes this semester.  For one class, I needed to make a book trailer and the resources that I found (personally and through the class Diigo group) led me to public domain music and pictures that I used in the trailer.  Another example - I am working on an assignment for one of my other classes and we are setting up a Diigo page for resources that we will be using for the assignment and will be creating Diigo pages for students that visit the library.  I think it is so wonderful to see the knowledge we are gaining this semester be practically applied and it makes me love librarianship even more than I did at the beginning of the semester!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment