Sunday, November 14, 2010

Week Eleven (11/08/10 - 11/14/10)


Insert picture here
Had there not been Google errors aplenty, an image of children interacting with their teacher from http://learningtocollaborate.blogspot.com/2009/05/fully-engaged.html would have been here!

What a wonderful week of learning it has been!  When I say that I don't know what I will do after this course ends, I am not kidding at all.  I have learned and continue to learn so very much - both from my professor and my peers that the thought of it coming to an end is sad.

I spent much of this week working on my professional development workshop on guided reading.  It was a challenge for me, primarily because I had little knowledge on the topic - a challenge that I welcome.  I do workshops and PowerPoints all of the time on accessibility, disability awareness, and special education so this semester, I have made it a rule in all of my classes to steer clear of that area so that I can grow in knowledge in other areas.  I hope it is working.  :)

All kidding aside, it is working and new worlds are opening up before me every day and I love it. I love learning about assessments, classroom activities, and multiple routes to literacy and  I particularly enjoy the pictures of students engaging in learning in their classrooms!  Guided reading helped me to learn that literacy is just as multifaceted as the human brain - it is just a small piece of a giant literacy puzzle. 

I can't get enough of learning and I am thankful that I will be staying at UB for my PhD in Education and LIS.  There is so much more for me to discover and I am thankful that this course has given me the desire and excitement to continue on (even when I am absolutely exhausted!).

No comments:

Post a Comment